About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

24 Days to Go!

24 DAys until the Kentucky Derby 1/2 marathon. I am so ready. This week I have 10 miles in my long run and I keep putting it off!

Putting things off... I really never thought of myself as a procrastanator but I guess I fit the profile on occassion... making excuses, finding other things to do, doing nothing, classic symptoms of sloth. Running in a lot of ways is like my life. The things I dread, don't want to do but have to do, are hard, take time, effort and energy I will tend to put off as long as I can. But when it gets uncomfortable and I begin to feel guilty, unproductive and irritable.

Prayers do a lot to move me into willingness. I have found that it only takes a small spark of willingness to push me into action. On the road tomorrow 5 miles and 10 this weekend! Happy procrastonating!

No comments: