About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Perseverance

Gosh sometimes the my limitations in handling frustrations are so present. Ten minutes into the posting of this blog, because I forgot my password I was ready to say forget it, it's not worth it. But I persevered and here I am.

Great news, Rachel and I talked (she and their husband have started a non profit organization called Team Mcally). Because of my purchase of the running stroller Advanced Medical will be donating two strollers to their organization. Yea.

Update on the stroller, they delivered the wrong one, and are to pick it up. It was scheduled to be picked up yesterday! Guess what, it's still sitting on my porch! I hate ordering by mail, especially when it's something large like this. Almost without fail, I end up with a problem to solve. Another opportunity to persevere!

Perseverance has been the gift taking action to bring to the awareness the needs of children with special needs. Through the perseverance of training for the marathon I am putting my story out there. My son is a visible reminder of all that is possible if we just persevere. The strength comes is we have the courage to trust.

For all my friends and family, Fox 17 locally will be doing a feature story on Brendon as we will be doing our first training run this July 4 in Hendersonville at Drakes Creek park. So all you local friends I will let you know when it is aired. Wouldn't it be great if it got picked up nationally? Let's keep our fingers crossed. I am working to make a contact in Virginia. Anyone know anyone?

"So run with perseverance the race that is set before you!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Fox 17 is foloowing him continually. I like it when Marc's station does good things.

Jennifer

Karen S. said...

Way to go Brendon and Mom! THank you both for setting such a great example of courage and determination for the rest of us. Keeping you two in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

You are truly an encouragment to us all. I'd love to see the news cast if its possible from FL! Will it be online or anything?? Let me know. Love u guys! Praying always

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. - Hebrews 12