About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Special Moms

This weekend I had the opportunity to spend four days with some other moms from my special moms group. This is a group of ladies who all have children with special needs. These women have inspired me with their stories. Isn't that what God wants us to do, share our stories? We were able to laugh, talk, laugh some more and even get a little teary eyed! IT WAS GREAT! Everyone needs friends like these.

Thank you to my friends for what you gave to me to lift my spirit and nourish my soul! In sharing your stories I know that I am not alone:
Thank you D. for providing the home, for sharing your challenge in getting your hubby to take care of himself. I can so relate.
To C. for reminding me to not forget to be a woman and that being married can be fun. I have met a new friend.
To J. for your openness in saying, I LOVE YOU, words we often feel but rarely say outside our family
To H. for your spiritual insight, for reminding me to give without expectation and to pay attention to that God voice.

You are all amazing, beautiful and strong women, I am grateful to have you in my life!

I was also able to run this weekend, 8 miles in the state park. I saw raccoons, a whole line of them munching with very little concern for me. It was quiet and beautiful. The run itself was a little tougher than usual because I forgot to eat. After 40 minutes I was beginning to struggle with the thought, Why am I doing this! But much like life, I kept on running knowing that it would eventually be over and I would feel great. Which I did. Keep on going, life gets better, and the rewards are great.

I read this from Richard Rohr: If you can't run, like my Brendon can't find something else, honor your body.
St. Paul says in his analogy of the body, "if one part is hurt, all parts are hurt with it. If one part is given special honor, all parts enjoy it…[and] it is precisely the parts of the body that seem to be the weakest which are the indispensable ones, and it is the least honorable parts of the body that we clothe with the greatest care" (I Corinthians 12:26, 22-23).

Blessings,
M

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love you, girl. Yes, I say this to all my friends and family a lot. But, there's no time like the present, right? I say, if you appreciate someone, tell them right then. It's never a bad idea. Everything went so well this past weekend with my little situation I complained about on the drive home. Thanks for the God-centered perspective. It was much needed.