About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Rain Running

Yesterday was a 5 mile run. I was going to run from my house, early. It was very humid and the clouds were getting darker. I was glad I didn't check the weather before I left or I would have missed the opportunity to run in the rain. This is something I hadn't done in awhile and it always makes me feel like a kid. After about a mile it began to slowly drizzle, there was a slight breeze and the air was humid. The rain came down harder. More running with the rain dripping down my head, glad I had on a cap. A few more minutes and my clothes, shoes and socks were soaked. This is fun! To run in the elements really is exhilarating. Remember when you were a kid and jumping in the puddles was so much fun, the wetter the better? That's what it felt like and noone would think I was silly because I was exercising anyway.

There was ne problem, I had on my favorite running shorts, the ones I've had for years. The problem with these shorts is they are a little big and as they got wetter and wetter they began to slip from my hips. What to do.......... I battled my shorts a few more steps. I actually considered taking them off because I couldn't keep them on, they kept slipping farther and farther. I had on boy short underwear, you know just like the gals on the Olympic track team, no big deal right? This thought kept me occupied a few more minutes. The pros, the cons, the neighbors. What to do, body isn't quite that of an Olympic athlete so somehow I've got to keep the shorts ON MY HIPS! Finally a solution, roll the shorts up, and tuck them into the elastic of my underwear. My shirt was long and covered the top of my shorts. Rain running,nothing like it and with the extra challenge of keeping my shorts on the time flew by. Run, train, have fun, get really wet, jump in the puddles, just remember don't wear shorts that are too big in the rain.

One month until the Labor Day 1/2 marathon!

No comments: