About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Relationship

God desires relationship with his children. This is what being a mother has been all about. I am very aware with my oldest son having left for college recently the importance of relationship, because when your children are grown, no matter what path they choose to walk, a mom wants a relationship with them. She wants the assurance that they will continue to be in her life, they will choose this because the relationship has been important to them. Running has given me the opportunity and time to reflect on the relationship I have with my children. I am aware that I made many mistakes with my oldest, mistakes resulting from inexperience and lack of confidence in my own abilities. Many of my errors resulted from a very bumpy relationship with my God. Thankfully God provided a path for making an amends, for learning, for developing into the mom he meant me to be. This is an ongoing process open to all who seek to do God's will. I am so grateful that I have been allowed to make mistakes, that I would never be perfect but I would be ok and my children would be ok as long as I sought to do the will of God. Running has provided me the opportunity to connect with all three of my boys. It has given us a shared experience, to work to achieve a goal, to develop a relationship. Tomorrow Brendon and I will set out on our final training run before the marathon with Andrew riding his bike alongside of us. Ryan is now on his own independent path to complete his training since he has officially left for college. We will come together in one week and one day to share another journey, achieve another goal, and strengthen our relationship.

"I will run with persistance the race that is set before me."

Blessings,
Michele

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Just beautiful, Michelle! And so true... God wants a relationship with us just as we want one with our children. I'm so glad your family has this amazing opportunity to unite and grow closer. I'm pulling for you guys!