About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Friday, August 8, 2008

UP HILL RUN

Straight up hill. Brendon and I tackled for the first time in his stroller the Longview Hill. It was the 12:00, very warm but thankfully a breeze. I can only explain it as God energy. After several warm up hills we headed for the big one. Straight up! PUSHING, PUSHING, SWEATING... But we made it! I wasn't prepared for the downhill which was even harder. With the momentum of the stroller I struggled to keep the pace slow and even. I kept thinking if there was a way to steer this thing I'd just jump on. But we made it both up and down, and then had the flat, even, quiet run to the station camp area. Brendon was an excellent training partner though I forgot the sunscreen and he complained about his legs being hot. The stroller rolled well and was easy to push. We ended up running a little under 10 miles, in a little less than 2 hours. Have a blessed week, until next time...

No comments: