About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Humility

I will never in my life have as much humility as Brendon. This is something that comes naturally to him, and I have to work hard at everyday! Brendon knows the humility of relying on others. When you can't dress yourself, use the restroom or even turn over in bed you know humility and the importance of relying on others. You know the importance of having others in your life to help you. You know that God didn't leave you in this world to be alone, or to figure things out for yourself. I often have thought with sadness that Brendon would never be able to run, do yoga, or anything the physically active can do. Over time I have changed my thinking. But there are things Brendon experiences that I may never know. I may never know the total dependence on others and the faith that my needs will be met through no action on my part. I will probably not be featured on a television news cast, get to fly as copilot in an airplane, have a group of Tennessee Tech students work to modify a bicycle for me, be a guest at the Shriners Circus or any of the other numberous things Brendon has been able to do because of his disability. As his mother I am challenged to figure out ways to include Brendon and this year he will get to cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon. How many 9 year old children can accomplish this, or are even given the opportunity to do it? I have become willing to accept his disability not as a negative event in his life but an opportunity to think of things in another way. God has given me all I need to take care of him and God will continue to put people in his path that will be there for him. For this I am grateful.

" You've had more than enough teachings. You have been given everything you need in order to be free. It's time for you to go out in the world and live a happy life!" -Eat, Pray, Love p. 313

M

No comments: