About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thank You Team Hoyt

I would like to thank first Tommy Mcauley (at T.E.A.M Mcauley, check out their non profit) for the use of your stroller, for being at local races and showing me what is possible for a running mom, and for inspiring me to take my own physical journey with Brendon. Thank you for also connecting me to TEAM Hoyt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS596VsNEOE, this is a father son who raced with his son in the 60's, an unheard of feat at the time. I think you will be moved by this short video. Thank you all parents who have come before me to make the road a little easier for Brendon and I. And thank you for all the parents taking wondrous journeys and putting their children out there for all to enjoy.

Brendon is going to be a celebrity again, many of you got to see him last year at the MDA telethon Labor Day 2007. Scott Couch from Fox 17 will be doing a follow up story on Brendon for the 2008 telethon on our new journey to finish the Virginia Beach Marathon. More detail to come.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great site Michele. It's cathartic, I find. Anyway, I added you and Brendan to Gavin's blogroll. Let me know if you'd rather not be linked to.