About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Let me first dispense with the general facts about me. I am middle age, have been married for 20 years and have three sons, Ryan 18, Andrew 12 and Brendon soon to be 9. I have been through, like anyone else my age many ups and downs, twists and turns in the journey we call life. This blog will speak to my journey toward acceptance and joy through the challenges of raising a child with a disability, being a mother of three sons and being married 20 years.
Brendon my youngest son has muscular dystrophy, a genetic condition present at birth that doesn't allow his muscles to keep up with the growing demands of his body. He travels by a power driven wheelchair, attends a regular elementary school with an assistant, and enjoys being active. He is healthy, filled with joy and courageous with an unending supply of patience. He is the happiest, most content person I have ever known. He is a continual source of amazement for me and all who know him.


I have set out to achieve an adventurous goal: TO RUN THE VIRGINIA BEACH 1/2 MARATHON WITH MY 18 YEAR OLD SON AND MY 9 YEAR OLD SON WHO HAS MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY, with my husband and 12 year old cheering us on. Ambitious, maybe, crazy a little but it can be done and has been done by others. I want to cronicle our progress toward the marathon finish line and beyond. Join me and share your experience and inspiration with us on this journey!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

proud of you, girl! Keep us updated on how the training goes. also, when is this 1/2 marathon?

Brenda said...

You go gurl! The ole crew will be cheering for you as Dee smiles down.