About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“I believe in the power of yoga,” says MPC YOGA FOR ALL founder Michele Priddy. “I have seen lives change, including my own, in deep, transformative and real ways.” Michele, who holds a Master’s degree in Special Education from Middle Tennessee State University and certification as a RYT-500 from Yoga Alliance, has more than two decades of experience helping adults and children of all ages and abilities reach their maximum potential. Her highly-individualized yoga classes, workshops and in-service training programs are more than just opportunities to for her students to move: they are transformational experiences made even richer by Michele’s deep understanding of yoga movement, breath work and philosophy coupled with an encyclopedic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. In addition to teaching yoga at Middle Tennessee’s most respected yoga schools, Michele has led workshops for children with disabilities, teachers, social service workers, parents and others on a variety of topics including Yoga for Children, Yin Yoga, Mindfulness, Adaptive Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 5, 2008: Orange Beach, AL First Training Day

June 5, 2008

Today was the first day to run with Brendon. We are in Orange Beach, AL. It bagan with the frustration of unfolding and putting together the stroller. It looked so simple when Larry and Tommy showed me. When all else fails read the directions, that didn’t help, more frustration. Just 5 seconds before the cursing ws going to take place, sanity returned and a quick “help me” prayer was sent up to whatever power available. It worked, levers were fastened, poles in place, locked and loaded we set out. I had already scoaped out the route, pretty straight and with a side walk. It was exactly 8:30 am, Brendon was the timekeeper. Note to self, get a good training watch. A cell phone will work in a pinch, sunglasses, water, Chap Stick, wash cloth (to absorb the sweat), ball cap and room key, we set out. HOT, we should have set out earlier, partly cloudy, sun strong, light breeze and 78 degrees, humid! 10 minutes, sweat dripping, thank you for the wash cloth, essential for keeping sweat out of the eyes. 15 minutes in, bathroom break, at this pace we’ll never finish> Now we’re ready! Prayers, are continual companion, we’re on our way. Finally a rhythm and pace is set. With Brendon keeping track of the time we’re on our way. I keep my mind clear by constant prayer; the rosary works great for this. Brendon hums and makes up songs. Brendon tries to tell me something. “What?”, I respond. I can’t make out what he is saying. “Talk LOUDER,” after several exchanges like this I hear what he is saying. He comments, “When you’re breathing hard, does it help if I sing songs?” Absolutely, joy I feel and all the sweat, heat and fatigue disappears with this simple exchange.

48 minutes later, we’re done. Short cool down walk, Brendon begins to complain, the hat, and the shoulder harness is bothering him. Because his neck is so stiff, he sometimes gets uncomfortable. Be grateful for a neck that moves from side to side. I have to solve this problem before the race.

We made it, now coffee, sit down, put on swim suit and head to the pool!

M.

“I am fighting the good fight, I am running a strong race, I am keeping the faith”

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So proud of you and of Brendan for taking good care of his momma. Sing away, Brendan.